Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in California’s Central Coast wine country. Now a regional craft brewery, our single goal remains: making the best beers in the world. Passionately in search of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
Job summary: The Director of Experiential Marketing will provide creative solutions that foster lasting consumer relationships through the development and execution of national event strategies, sponsorships, and consumer engagement marketing efforts for Firestone Walker. Experiential marketing drives both sales demand as well as brand awareness and performance in the given market through awareness drivers, brand engagement, and product sampling. This position works cross-functionally with the Marketing and Sales teams to ensure defined priorities translate into brilliant execution within defined markets.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
Specifically, job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Serve as a cultural expert who connects our brand portfolio to the right places, people and brands to build brand awareness, authenticity and credibility on the global and local stage
- Collaborate with business partners in the ideation of innovative brand concepts around Firestone’s product portfolio, brand ambassadors, sales and brewing teams
- Work closely with the sales team and wholesaler group to plan and execute strategies
- Strong relationship management to drive and unify focus across sales, wholesale and brand channels
- Help grow sports, athletes, venues and related marketing partnerships to build brand affinity, awareness and sampling
- Recruit, coach and manage national teams of field marketing and brand ambassadors to ensure the effective development and execution of regional and local marketing strategies
- Be a student of consumers and trends, competitors and culture to ensure Firestone is positioned to disrupt the beverage space
- Identify, manage and develop a list of “off-site” hotspots in Firestone Markets that position the portfolio of brands in culturally significant spaces
- Attend and perform samplings at sponsored, on and off-trade events, festivals, etc. to build brand awareness and drive consumer sales and trials
- Translate national brand marketing priorities into actionable local product launch plans that drive cross-functional demand goals
- Launch products in local markets by creating local 360° marketing programs with brand, wholesaler and sales teams
- Lead the development of local buzz makers lists: a list of leading local beer and lifestyle cultural partners who can increase awareness, buzz and influence of our brands in the local territory
- Support sales and distribution teams to ensure Firestone Walker and 805 brands are set up to take advantage of holidays and key sales events
- Leverage branded gear infrastructure, vehicles and on-tap trailers to create local sampling opportunities at key events and tents across the territory
- Report weekly to marketing leadership teams on local market insights, wins/losses and opportunities to further grow brands in the local market
- Develop and execute project briefings with cross-functional marketing partners, including project overviews, summary documents and presentations
- Measure campaign effectiveness by reviewing KPIs and benchmarks, as well as analyzing data and trends to ensure optimal performance and improvement
- Create ways to raise awareness of Firestone Walker brands that generate buzz and influence
- Support the retail sales and marketing team through the execution of merchandising efforts in marketing
- Regular market visits with sales, wholesale and field teams to understand the market, develop partnerships and resolve issues. Expect approx. 50% in market trips
- Other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and at least two years of previous experience performing the above (or similar) duties; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in the alcohol industry (beer, wine, spirits)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server certificate, LEAD training for the State of California and documentation to legally drive a car
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information in front of all levels of employees, management, distributors and customers
- Ability to operate and use a Mac computer, proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Knowledge and proficiency with social media and websites
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines. Ability to uncover consumer and competitor insights and create actionable marketing plans to drive growth
- Exceptional communication skills to communicate ideas across various departments. Must have a full understanding of Firestone Walker and 805 brands, products and culture
- A forward-thinker, who seeks new opportunities and seeks creative solutions to problems. An autonomous person and a team player. Working knowledge of marketing practices and principles regarding brand management and events
- Must be available to travel for events and work some nights and most weekends
- A passion for Firestone Walker and 805 brands. A deep understanding and connection to the local way of life and craft beer culture
- Must have a clean driving record, your own reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must reside within reasonable distance of Venice Beach, CA
In the performance of his duties, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, use his hands to touch, handle or smell; reach with hands and arms; and speak or hear. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to drive a car.
What Firestone Walker offers:
- Competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% of premiums paid for the employee, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Accumulated PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accumulated sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) Maximum use of 24 hours per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company-paid profit sharing and 4 counterparties
- 9 paid holidays per year
Please submit your cover letter and resume along with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.