Get to know us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a craft brewery and the odds were stacked against him. This passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and started a beer revolution that is in full swing today. It turns out that a good beer can do a lot of good, and the Sierra Nevada has become a cornerstone of its innovation and concern for the Earth and its people. We are committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe that diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We continue to push the boundaries, whether in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or outdoors.
Get to know this role
The Director, Sourcing and Supplier Relations will directly and indirectly lead all aspects of sourcing and serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all functions conducting sourcing activities. Reporting to the Vice President of Supply Chain, the role is a key leadership role within the supply chain and will develop and implement brewery-wide strategies that will lead to implementation best practices in strategic sourcing and spend management as well as optimal supplier relationship management (SRM) for all key strategic suppliers. This role will establish and maintain a vendor management program, identifying key business requirements and measures of vendor success against those requirements. In conjunction with the VP of Supply Chain, Finance and Regulatory, the Director, Sourcing and Supplier Relations will establish company-wide guidelines for sourcing activities and procurement and oversee compliance with these guidelines.
What will you do
* Serve as the primary subject matter expert for sourcing and vendor relationship management within the company
* Directly lead or support sourcing and outsourcing activities for large direct and indirect agreements, acting as product manager for all packaging materials
* Establish and maintain the supplier management program; track supplier success against key business requirements, including supplier quality audit processes, supply continuity and risk mitigation planning, supplier capacity analysis, corporate social responsibility and sustainability programs, performance, lead time management and cost optimization for our key indirect and direct critical raw material suppliers
* Direct Buyers directly to procure retail and point-of-sale merchandise in accordance with Sierra Nevada’s story, branding strategies and overall retail/point-of-sale budgets and in collaboration with marketing, brand management and customer experience
* Directly lead the Raw Materials/Brewing Ingredients purchasing team to ensure futures contracts are aligned with business plans. Ensure the team conducts risk assessments and monitoring raw material indices to ensure high quality supply at the lowest possible costs
* Identify and execute cost savings strategies, inventory management strategies and sustainability initiatives to maximize purchase value and ensure alignment with company values
* Manage direct reports, including coaching and mentoring employees in carrying out day-to-day tasks, setting performance standards and providing support to ensure work results meet expectations, constantly working with teams on continuous improvement opportunities to reduce transactional aspects of procurement
* Serve as a procurement subject matter expert (SME) for decentralized procurement staff
* Lead the development of a revised supplier code of conduct and policy manual, as well as an audit program to guide pre-qualification and post-award supplier audit processes in collaboration with internal quality teams.
* With the VP of Supply Chain, assist in the development of a Strategic Sourcing and Sourcing training program that documents best practices in strategic sourcing, sourcing, negotiations and procurement
Please apply if you have
* Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, engineering, finance or related discipline required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which knowledge, skills and abilities comparables acquired required
* Master’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, engineering, finance or related discipline required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which knowledge, skills and abilities comparable acquired preferred
* CPSM, CPM or other relevant professional certification preferred
* 8 years of procurement (preferably indirect and direct), supplier management or supplier quality management required and
* 6 years of leadership experience required, preferably in procurement operations, vendor management or vendor quality related functions required and
* 6 years of experience in direct negotiations in multiple categories with large and small value contracts required and
* 3 years of specific experience in managing packaging expenses required
* 3 years of experience in Lean, continuous improvement preferred and
* Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, in particular Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint and Teams
* Strong leadership skills and effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and vendors.
* Skilled in gaining trust and credibility at all levels of the company. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working partnerships.
* Strong influencing skills with a proven ability to collaborate across functions and with external supply partners
* Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with a root cause, permanent solution and continuous improvement approach
* Knowledge of current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technologies and information affecting the business and organization
* Demonstrates dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
* Demonstrated ability to develop direct reports and their career paths
* Ability to navigate through the complexities of a dynamic organization in order to achieve its goals
Additional requirements to consider before applying
* You must be at least 21 years old to perform the duties of this position for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
* Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment and post-offer background check.
Before applying for this position, please review the full job description including physical requirements and work environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=3155
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer