Apply for this position
Sockeye Brewing is an Idaho legacy brewery entering its 26th year of operation. Our passion for beer was brewed in the heart of Idaho, famous for the Sawtooth Mountains, wild rivers and the iconic Sockeye Salmon. From our flagship Dagger Falls IPA (named after the Class V rapids located on the Mid Fork of the Salmon River) to Angel’s Perch Amber (a peak in the Pioneer Mountains), we strive to represent our great state as as a leader in the craft beer industry and beyond. .
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading and managing Sockeye Brewing’s retail sales team. This position is directly responsible for all off-site sales, overseeing on-site sales representatives and manager, active communication with all distribution partners and overall sales goals to help Sockeye Brewing achieve its growth and sales goals. sale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Distributor Management – Work with all distribution partners on sales execution, forecasting new brands and seasonal styles, inventory management, off-site key account management. Serve as the primary point of contact with senior management of all channel partners.
- Offsite Sales – Manage all aspects of offsite sales with key retail accounts in conjunction with channel partners. Includes communicating with key buyers, presenting brands for approval, consistent communication to ensure successful execution of brand representation.
- Sales Team Leadership – Manage and supervise sales team representatives who are responsible for on-site sales. Includes setting goals for sales, managing performance, executing sales and promotions, and budget reviews.
- Sales Goals – Work directly with management to create monthly and annual sales goals. Lead the sales team in strategies to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Budget Goals – Set and review monthly budgets with the sales team. Review and oversee budgets with sales team to ensure effectiveness of promotions spend.
- Sales Promotions – Lead and work with the sales team to participate in retailer and industry events including chain calls, sales promotions and brewery events
- Communication – Constant communication with management, channel partners and sales team representatives.
- Weekly Company Meetings – Prepare a monthly and annual sales summary for review with the full brewery team, review and recap upcoming promotions and events. Review stock status and upcoming product launch with the full brewery team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a distributor sales representative or brewery representative
- In-depth knowledge of the craft beer market and Key Chain account management
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to self-start, multi-task, and complete tasks independently with minimal direction
- Ability to effectively use business intelligence reporting tools including VIP and Lilypad
- Ability to develop and coach individuals resulting in higher levels of performance
- Computer skills, effective ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of the distributor
- Financial acumen and experience in managing sales forecasts and budgeting
- Must be based – or willing to relocate – to the Boise area
- Available for evening and weekend promotions/festivals/events
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Must be at least 21 years old
Apply for this position